Kimchi is a popular Korean staple with a rich historical background spanning centuries.
Want a taste of Korean cuisine without having to travel across the globe? This traditional recipe gives you the exact flavour profile, along with all the health benefits. A must for all K-Drama fans out there! Help yourself to a serving of kimchi with home-cooked ramen or plain rice.
The distinctive spicy-sour taste of Kimchi is formed naturally by fermenting Chinese cabbage with red chilly. The result is a powerful pre and probiotic food that aides in digestion. In addition, kimchi contains high amounts of Vitamin C and B, fortifying immunity and helping meet daily dietary recommendations.
Kimchi is an age-old tradition that has been passed down through generations in every korean household. Made with chinese napa cabbage and organic ingredients we strive to bring the authentic Korean flavours to your dinner table. Kimchi is a natural probiotic which is not just healthy but delicious. Add to it your daily meals and feel the magic of this gut friendly condiment.
1. Improves Digestion : Like any other probiotic, kimchi keeps your digestive tract healthy by filling your body with good bacteria which takes care of your gut
2. Strengthens immune system : A healthy digestive tract stops unwanted toxins from entering your body thus boosting your immune system.
3. Helps to lose weight : Kimchi is low in calories and high in fibre. Fibre rich diets keep you fuller for longer and stop you from munching on unhealthy snacks.
4. Reduces stress and improves brain health : A healthy gut ensures the absorption of mood regulating minerals in your diet which reduces stress and keeps your brain healthy
5. Improves heart health : Kimchi contains bioactive compounds. These compounds block cholesterol from being absorbed in the bloodstream. The bacteria produced during the fermentation process also help in lowering cholesterol.
This Kimchi tastes very different from what I had in the Chinese restaurant? Is it how it is meant to be ?
Yes this is how authentic Kimchi tastes. We, at Bombucha make kimchi using authentic napa cabbages fresh from the farm. So don't worry, your kimchi is not spoiled. It is meant to have a strong pungent flavour to it, unlike what you might have tasted in Chinese restaurants.
Is my Kimchi spoiled? The smell is a bit stronger than what I expected? Kimchi is fermented in a natural environment which produces a strong pungent smell. This natural fermentation is what makes it so good for your gut. So don't be alarmed by the sour smell, it is not spoiled. It is how authentic kimchi smells